inod khanVeteran actor Vinod Khanna died at the age of 70 due to bladder cancer and was cremated yesterday. Celebrities who attended the funeral included Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Saroj Khan among many others. Vinod Khanna was last seen in the movie Dilwale in 2015 alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. Even though he quit the film industry at the peak of his career out of his love for his guru, Osho, his second innings was equally successful for him.
He Joined the BJP in 1997 and was elected as MP from Gurdaspur constituency four times. And his death has certainly created a vacuum in the film and the political fraternity. Ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Vinod Khanna had declared his total assets. As per his self-sworn affidavit that he submitted to the Election Commission, Khanna’s total assets stood at Rs 55.2 crore. Here’s what all he has left behind –
- His moveable assets are worth Rs 19.49 crore and immoveable assets are worth Rs 35.71 crore.
- His wife Kavita Khanna declared moveable properties worth Rs 11.49 crore.
- While Khanna declared the cash in hand at around Rs 72.6 lakh and his wife declared cash in hand worth Rs 3.5 lakh.
- He has a residence at 13/c, IL Plazzo, Little Gibbs Road Malabar Hills, Mumbai.
- His wife Kavita Khanna had shown occupation of a legal consultant.