The new Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adiyanath, is being praised a lot by people as he took many important decisions. From setting up anti-romeo squads to shutting down the illegal slaughter houses, Adityanath is showing that he is very serious about fulfilling his electoral promises. While he promised to work for all the sections of the society without any discrimination, women security in the state is his first priority. [10 Key decisions that UP CM Yogi Adityanath has taken so far!]
While the BJP has been hugely publicising its ‘beti bachao, beti padhao’ scheme, Yogi Adityanath’s some of the views that he voiced or documented are definitely worth a read. It seems that his mentality was on a completely different track as far as women and minorities are concerned.
We stumble upon some of his bites and writings, and you need to read them.
- Yogi Adityanath’s view on women definitely makes for an interesting read. In his writing that are available on his website (yogiadityanath.in), he has compared women to energy and said that their energy (urja) must be controlled or they will become worthless and destructive. He believes that women need male protection all the time.
- One of the lines in his writing read, ‘If men acquire women-like qualities, they become gods but when women acquire men-like qualities, they become (‘rakshas’) demon’.
- Talking about women reservation, Adityanath said that ‘women do reservations in many areas already’. He said that analysis should be done as to how much involvement of women is there in local bodies, and that it should be made sure that while giving the reservation, their primary roles as a caregiver, mother, daughter and wife are not neglected.
- And FYI, he does not have a specific problem with Muslims. Why? Because Adityanath has, in the past, accused Mother Teresa of being a part of ‘conspiracy’ of spreading Christianity in India. In June 2016, he said that ‘Christianisation has led to separatist movements in areas like Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura.
- And last but not the least, here’s what he thinks about homosexuals and homosexuality.
So, what do you think about our UP CM?