Former Indian Premiere League (IPL) Chairman Lalit Modi is back in the news. Why? Because he leaked MS Dhoni’s OFFER LETTER from India Cements on social media. Yes, you read it right. Well, India Cements is the company that owned Chennai Super Kings, and the company is owned by N Srinivasan. Lalit Modi dropped a bomb on social media after he allegedly leaked the offer letter of the cricketer and the salary details.
Modi was recently sacked as the IPL chairman, and now he has questioned the employment of Dhoni by India Cements, as he is already earning Rs 100 crore a year. Here’s the snapshot –
It seems only in #india #contempt after contempt continues by the #old #guards of @bcci – How ? My best guess is #northblock. But most #puzzling is this #employment #contract of #MSD – WHY ? he earns 100's of crores a year will he #agree to be #SRINI'S #employee. bet there are many such contracts. 😳😳😳
Here’s what the document read –
‘We are pleased to appoint you as Vice-President (Marketing) at Our Corporate Office, Chennai with effect from 07.07.2012 on the following terms and conditions:
1) You are placed in the Company’s Selection Grade IV, on a Basic Par of Rs 43,000/- Per month in the Scale of Pay of Rs. 12650 – 47650.
2) In addition to the Basic Pay, you will be paid a Fixed Dearness Allowance of Rs 21,970/ per month.
3) You will also be paid Special Pay of Rs 20,400/- Per month. The special pay will be taken into account for the purpose of PF, Gratuity and Medical reimbursement and will not attract any other benefits including Superannuation and leave encashment
4) You will be entitled for the following perquisites:
- a) Enhanced HRA of Rs 20,400/- per month will be paid to you in lieu of HRA as applicable to your grade. This amount will be paid to you as along as you are posted at Chennai. You are eligible for reimbursement of electricity, Water and cooking gas charges.
- b) Special House Rent Allowance of Rs 8,400 per month, if posted in Chennai and branch Offices and Rs 8000 per Month, if posted at Plants.
- c) Special Allowance of Rs 60,000/- per month. The special allowance will not attract any benefits including statutory benefits.
- d) Education/Newspaper Expenses of Rs 175/- per month.’
Dhoni is currently playing for Rising Pune Supergiant in IPL 10. He was earlier associated with CSK till 2015 before the SC banned them for two years due to the betting scandal.