The season of iPhone is back! In an extravagant event, Apple’s Tim Cook launched their all new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus in San Francisco.
The much awaited iPhone 7 is finally here and it was definitely a big night for Apple and its fans.
The tech powerhouse unveiled a lot of updates hardware and software, including dual cameras and wireless headphones.
Here’s everything you want to know about iPhone 7, and trust us, there are a lot of interesting changes.
Apple unveiled two upgraded versions of their iconic phone. Senior Vice President Phil Schiller said it was the ‘best iPhone ever made’.
Here are some noteworthy features:
No headphone jack
- Both the new iPhones have stereo speakers, at the top and bottom of the devices.
- The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have removed the standard analogue headphone jack
- They will be using ‘Lightning’ connector, which plugs into the phone’s charging port.
- The iPhones will also come with an adapter so older earphones can still be used.
- Apple AirPods are here. Powered by Apple-designed W1 chip, the AirPods come with infrared sensors that detect when they’re in your ear. They will play only then.
- Their batteries last for 5 hours and they come with a charging case that holds 24 hours of charge, and will cost Rs 15,400.
- The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are finally water and dust resistant. It adheres to IP67 rating.
- The two devices have the same aluminium body and do not look a lot different from the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. They even share the same respective screen. But the screens are 25% brighter than the 6S.
- New 7-megapixel FaceTime HD front-facing camera with auto image stabilisation.
- 12-megapixel rear camera with 6-element lens, f1.8 aperture, optical stabilisation, quad-LED True Tone Flash.
- It has a new high-speed sensor that’s 60% faster and 30% more efficient.
- The iPhone 7Plus will have two cameras with different lenses which will boost the zoom capabilities of the camera.
Now, about the iOS 10… Read on…
The new iOS10
- This new software will add more intelligence to Apple services like Maps, Photos, Siri and the phone keyboard.
- A new Home app to control appliances.
- Apple is allowing developers to build apps for iMessage.
- Bigger emoji and other visual effects for iMessage – including Invisible Ink. This blurs an image until a recipient swipes a finger across the screen.
Read about the availability and price of iPhone 7 and 7Plus in India. Click the slide…
India is not in the first batch of countries that will get the new iPhones next week. Both the phones will launch on October 7.
Price in India starts at Rs 60,000. There’s no word yet on India price of other models.
In the US, the iPhone starts at $649 (Rs 43,000) for the 32GB entry-level variant. The iPhone 7 Plus starts at $769 (Rs 51,000) for the same variant.
Pre-orders will start on September 9 and they will start shipping on September 16 in the countries mentioned above in the picture.
Excited about this new iPhone? We surely are!