Being a parent is blissful, and seeing your child grow in front of you happily and healthily is something every parent prays for. But what to do when both the parents are working? Well, the families, then, have to make compromises and look for a day care centre for the babies, right? If you’re working, and your child is being taken care at a day care centre, you will surely understand the pain of this mother.
One Bhawna Rastogi, who is a mother to a nine-month-old baby, works with TCS as a senior consultant, and because of her work, she chose the Intellitots Day Care Centre so that her child is being taken care of, when she and her husband is away. But what happened one day might change their lives forever. In a Facebook post, the Gurgaon resident shared her harrowing experience with Intellitots, saying that the ring finger of her baby Ananya was severed after her hand was allegedly caught in a heavy door at the Gurgaon Day Care centre. Yes, you read it right.
Bhawna wrote that it was sheer negligence at the part of the staff of Intellitots that such a tragic and traumatic incident happened. When asked about the CCTV footage, the founders of Intellitots said that the CCTV cameras were not working only for the particular moment when the incident happened, and therefore they have no footage. Strange, isn’t it?
Bhawna also shared pictures of Intellitots and her baby, who is struggling at Medanta these days. Here’s what she wrote –
‘How criminal negligence , unsafe facility and untrained staff at Intellitots Daycare Centre at Fortis Memorial Institute , Gurgaon ruined our lives :
I want to share my traumatic experience with ‘Intellitots daycare centre at Fortis Memorial Institute Gurgaon’ on May 19 ‘2017. I signed up for this daycare two months back after having been assured of the hygiene , staff training , cctv, fancy interiors and their commitment to child’s well being. I was also given long discourses about the Intellitots philosophy including a colourful presentation and a brochure with happy kids posing for the camera. Little did I know that this place would become the originator of agony for my little baby.As I write this post, my baby lies beside me with her left arm immobilised and her left hand ring finger amputated as the Intellitots maid apparently shut the door on my daughter while changing the diaper while her finger got caught between the door .
No one imagine what it was to see her screaming and all in blood with her finger piece separated . This is the worst nightmare which no parents should go through and right now we are going through hell!!
We had a major surgery on 19th May at Medanta and we don’t know what will happen . This will be repeated by another one this Thursday and this procedure will get repeated maybe twice every week for 6 weeks .
On being asked for the CCTV footage to really ascertain as to what happened , here’s the answer that we got from Pooja Goyal and Shivani Kapoor , the founders of Intellitots who are now running 3 centres in Gurgaon :
A) The CCTV got accidentally unplugged and only for that time when this happened , there is NO footage available !! They are clearly hiding the real incident and now withholding evidence !
B) The maid who banged the door on my daughter had never shut the door before in the past and they don’t know how it could have happened .
We visited the centre and saw with our eyes that the bathroom doors are so heavy and in hard wood with no clipping or padding to prevent them from any such accident . Also , the doors have locks so I am surprised that kids have already not locked themselves in so far .
Clearly , there was no one who was supervising the untrained maid which led to this unfortunate event – The price of which my daughter might have to pay for the rest of her life .
– Tell me , is this what we pay for and trust Intellitots when they make excuses of the CCTV not working? – This clearly shows an attempt to hide the facts and conceal information which is our basic right .
– This is a gross violation of the rules and regulation laid down by the Ministry of Women and Child Development under ECEE ( No. 6-3/2009-ECEE) and is clear case of criminal negligence & violation of basic infrastructure and training required for running early childhood care .
– This is when they charge hefty fee ( probably the highest in Gurgaon ! ) and lure innocent parents in their trap by showing sophisticated facilities when none exist .
– Are these centres allowed to hire these temporary untrained workers with pittance salaries and run their profitable companies
– Which supervisory body had inspected this facility which had hard doors with sharp edges and locks in infants toilets
– Who is the certification body which allowed to run this centre without an operational CCTV camera
– Why did the daycare centre CCTV not work exactly on the same day and slot when the accident happened.’
We pray for speedy recovery for little Ananya!